Re: [gtkmm] No spacing for empty pixbufs in a TreeViewColumn

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 murrayc murrayc com wrote:

     Gtk::CellRendererText* label_renderer = new Gtk::CellRendererText;
     column->pack_start (col_pixbuf, false);
     column->pack_start (*manage (label_renderer), false);

Doesn't it make _any_ difference when you use false instead of true for
that "expand" argument?

If you mean the text column -- no it doesn't[*]. If I set the expand to true on the pixbuf column, there is a difference, as expected: when the treeview is resized horizontally, the pixbuf column's padding grows.

[*] The documentation states that if expand is 'false' for all columns, the rightmost column is expanded when the treeview is resized

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001