Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm 2.4 questions

Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> writes:

> On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 19:01 +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
>> It's also been brought up on the automake mailing list.  The start of
>> the thread is here:
>>
>> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/automake/2004-04/msg00005.html
>
> Thanks. Actually, I guess we can't use the patch because it will
> generate a tarball that lots of people can't even open.

That's right.  It's probably even closer to "most people" :-/

For my own stuff, being much less widely used than Gtkmm, I made the
decision to go for the non-portable but working solution by locally
patching distdir.am.  However, this does mean only the very latest
distributions can read them (I'm using GNU tar 1.13.93 on Debian
unstable).  Earlier distributions, and Cygwin, can actually unpack
them, but spew tons of warnings and oddly-named files.

--
Roger Leigh