Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm 2.4 questions

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 15:28 +0200, Frank Naumann wrote:
> But another thing about CellRenderer. Is there any reason why
> get_size_vfunc is now 'const' ? This is IMHO a very bad idea as everybody
> who write it's own CellRenderer is very limited (especially if you
> dynamically calculate the cell content).

I don't understand. If the method should not change the instance, then
the method should be const. Do you think that this method should change
the instance?

If you need to change member data without really changing the instance,
then you need to use the mutable keyword. Const is whatever you define
it to mean.