Re: [gtkmm] No gtkmm at GAUDEC?

On Saturday 05 June 2004 12:51 pm, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 17:20 -0700, John Taber wrote:
> > It seems too bad that such a good product as gtkmm is not being presented
> > at GAUDEC - would like to see it become the #1 language.
>
> You are free to present gtkmm at future GUADECs.

I understand your point.  Here's my concern - as a software company we must
base our products on a language / library that has a big following and
support base.  We are considering switching our C++ based code to gtkmm and
technically the combination of gtkmm, glade, and gtk+ seems very good.  But
unlike Qt which has the whole KDE project using it, as well as Trolltech's
support, I don't see the momentum for gtkmm being the basis for Gnome, which
might either stay C based or move to C# and Mono.  In which case gtkmm stays
a small step-child, with a small following and small support base,   And
gtkmm not having any cheerleaders at GAUDEC seems to reinforce that.