Re: [gtkmm] What is your response for this?

Akbar wrote:

Hey......
I found this.....
http://www.telegraph-road.org/writings/gtkmm_vs_qt.html

What is your response for this? Just curious, u know....

I believe this has been discussed before, at some length, as it's quite an old article. Try looking in the list archives.

Suffice it to say that, as I see it, it all comes down to a difference in personal preference: strong typing vs. loose typing, whether you like the STL approach to data structure design or not, ideology, licensing requirements, what tools you like to work with, what kind of support you like to have available and so forth. Neither Qt nor gtkmm is 'better' in an overall sense, because you'll always find people who prefer one over the other for any number of reasons.

And so, in conclusion, I've felt for some time now that it's a fairly pointless argument to even start having.