[gtkmm] Re: ListStore sorting and Gtk::TreeIter validity problems

On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 10:47, Samuel Abels wrote:
> (1) When using Gtk::TreeModelSort, the initial sorting is done on the
> second column, while through using
> sortstore->set_sort_column_id(columns.author_and_title, Gtk::SORT_ASCENDING);
> i expected it to be done on the first column. How can I change that?
>
> (2) When clicking the first column to change the sort order, the program
> is trying to sort the column by the icon rather then the text. How can I
> change that?

I have managed to solve the first two problems. The reason was a twist
in the mapping created by

  get_column(0)->set_sort_column_id(0);

Anyway, the third problem still remains. I would be glad to get some
pointers, that one has almost driven me insane :/ and I have no idea
where to look for clues anymore.

-Samuel

> (3) Most importantly: I am trying to somehow remove the currently
> selected row. But when using
>
> store->erase(get_selection()->get_selected());
>
> (the offending code is in GtkBookList::remove_selected())
>
> There is an error message
>
> (test:22738): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkliststore.c: line 1013
> (gtk_list_store_remove): assertion `VALID_ITER (iter, list_store)'
> failed

|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam ad debain dod org  | knipknap ad jabber dod org |