[gtkmm] Minimalistic FileChooserWidget?

Hey all,
I am trying to make a program which is based around a single VBox, with
a filechooserwidget in the left box (for the user to select the desired
directory), and a Listview in the right box (to display all the mp3s in
that directory).

However, I am compiling on Gnome 2.6, and when I use FileChooserWidget I
not only get the list of files, I get the shortcut menu, Add and Remove
buttons, and other stuff I dont need.

Can I get rid of this?

Or, perhaps you could direct me to a way of using a Treeview in the left
box, which displays the filesystem structure from the root node (I have
no idea how to do this, since the STL has no directory scanning functions).

Thanks