[gtkmm] Trade off between memory usage and speed

Hi,
I am facing a trade off between memory usage and speed.

The situation is as follows.
OS : Linux 7.3
Tool : Gtkmm 2.0
Language : c++

In my project, I have got different sub-modules. While launching each module, the widgets
and all symbols from required so's are getting loaded in memory. So it requires more memory
to run and also running slowly. (Present situation)

Rightnow, I want to optimize the performance of software. To optimize, I am thinking that
I will create the widgets whenever they are required. But I guess, this may reduce the
speed.

So, which will be the best solution.

Ramachandra