[gtkmm] gtkmm 2.4 installation guide?

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to upgrade to gtkmm 2.4.1 and my X system will no longer work. My OS is Red Hat 9.0, running gnome-desktop 2.4.1.1. Fortunately, i made a backup before and i had to perform a couple of restores. Here is what i installed, in order, after my backup and before it crashed:

glibmm-2.4.1
atk-1.6.0
pango-1.4.0
gtk+-2.4.1
gtkmm-2.4.1
libglade-2.4.0
libglademm-2.4.1

This is what i had prior to that:

glib-2.4.1
glibmm-2.2.11
atk-1.4.1
pango-1.2.5
gtk+-2.2.4
gtkmm-2.2.11
libglade-2.0.1
libglademm-2.2.0

Is there something i am doing wrong? Is there a step by step (from scratch) procedure to install gtkmm 2.4 and ALL it's dependencies(gnome, gtk+, etc...) with version numbers? And if there is, where is it?

I beleive that a complete installation procedure, from scratch and with dependencies, should be included on the gtkmm web site. If we want gtkmm to gain in popularity, this is definitely an aspect to be improved. I am about to do what i suspect many have done or will do, quit gtkmm. I am willing to try one last time but i need your help.

Thanks.

Eric Lussier
Programmer analyst - Montreal

Bloquez les fenêtres pop-up, c'est gratuit ! http://toolbar.msn.fr