Re: [gtkmm] Gtk::TreeView

Benoît Touron wrote:

Hello everybody !

I am new to Gtkmm. I searched in the documentation, and in the mailing list archive, without success.

So, in a TreeView, how can I display the connecting lines between the nodes ?
Is it an option somewhere in the TreeView ?

As I understand it, in GTK+ 2 it's impossible to display connecting lines in a TreeView in the manner see in, say, the GTK+ 1.x CTree, or the Win32 tree control. That's not just a matter of the theme engine not drawing them, but the toolkit not supporting it (not entirely sure, but that's the impression I got from an interview with one of the GTK+ developers recently).

So the short answer is that, unfortunately, you can't. I'm hoping somebody will make a patch to allow theme engines to draw those lines if they wish, as sometimes I'd really rather like to have them.