[gtkmm] MDI on gtkmm

Hi,

I'm trying to develop the MDI concept on gtkmm. We don't want to use the gnome libraries because we are evaluating only the gtkmm toolkit (we don't even use direct calls to gtk+ functions). Using Gtk::Layout as container it has been easy to emulate the MDI behaviour. The problem is that when a MDIchild contains a Gtk::ScrolledWindow, the scrollbars seem to be in a lower z-level than other widgets. So, when a MDIchild (mdiChild1) is over another MDIchild (mdiChild2), all the widgets comprised in mdiChild1 are over any widget comprised in mdiChild2, except the scrollbars, that are below and seem to disappear under mdiChild2.

Has anyone had a similar problem? What's wrong? What can I do?

Thank you very much,
Luis