Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm2, gconfmm, libglademm installer for Mac OS X

On 12 Jan, 2004, at 13:38, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

Well, anyway, I'll be leaving campus soon and no longer have this
bandwidth.

The packages are at
http://skadi.res.cmu.edu/~julian/gtkmm-packages.dmg

I have downloaded them for safety. I am a bit reluctant to
put binary packages on gtkmm.org until
- I am sure that they will be maintained in future. Isn't
there some central repository for things like this?

DarwinPorts does not host binary packages. Fink hosts binary versions of their packages... eventually... but these were generated using DarwinPorts, which uses a different path prefix from Fink. Fink also does not use these double-clickable installers like DarwinPorts can produce. osxgnu ( http://www.osxgnu.org/ ) hosts binary packages, but I'm not sure whether they'd host something generated by DarwinPorts.

- The build process is documented. I would like a
README.MacOSX, like our current README.win32 and README.SUN
- I see that you have at least tried to get libtool fixed
instead of patching it locally.

What more do you want me to do? I've contacted all the people I can and no one seems to know why it works like that or give a shit.

I do appreciate your efforts, but I don't want them to be wasted.

Whatever. I made these so that my users could get gtkmm installed. I've battled with this stuff for so long with so many unhelpful people I honestly don't care whether they're "officially" distributed anywhere. I have something which works, so that's good enough to get Gabber2 on OS X. I'm done as far as I'm concerned.

Julian