Re: [gtkmm] How to make a toplevel window visible with a popup window

>the compiler says that it can't  find a function like
>toplevel_window->set_transient_for(popup_window*&) and that the candidates
>are Gtk::Window::set_transient_for(Gtk::Window*&).

thats because you are passing in a ptr-to-Gtk::Window, as the error
indicates. try

       toplevel_window->set_transient_for (*popup_window);

Now it compiles well, the problem is that the new toplevel window isn't visible, only the main popup window is visible.

To view the toplevel window I create a window_simulador object and then call the show_as_child method:

void window_simulador::show_as_child(window1 *obj_father)
{
 if(!obj_father)
 {
   this->error("NO FATHER"); // Custom error message
   this->on_button_close_released(); // Close the window to avoid problems
   return;
 }

 this->set_transient_for(*obj_father);

 this->raise();
}

If the father window is toplevel all work nice, and the new window is always visible and the father window is still active.

Stay informed on Election 2004 and the race to Super Tuesday. http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx