Re: [gtkmm] Widget for viewing multi-line text

On Friday 20 February 2004 09:32, Andreas B. Thun wrote:
> The problem is the scrolled window. If I remove it, it works.
>
> >I've tried it with set_wrap_mode() for my TextView but it
> >only works if I enlarge the parent window. I can't make it
> >smaller!! What is the problem?

You could also have changed:

  m_scrolledWindow.set_policy(Gtk::POLICY_NEVER, Gtk::POLICY_AUTOMATIC);

  m_scrolledWindow.set_policy(Gtk::POLICY_AUTOMATIC, Gtk::POLICY_AUTOMATIC);

I have come across this oddity myself previously.  (I know that in fact the
scrolled window won't scroll because of the word wrap, but allowing it to
scroll enables the word wrapping to work correctly, for some curious reason).

Chris.