Re: [gtkmm] Drag and drop onto Gtk::Notebook

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 21:48, Callum Prentice wrote:
> i would like to be able to drag things from a given tab on a Gtk::Notebook onto a different
> tab and receive notification as to which tab was dropped onto.
>
> i've tried what i thought were the obvious ways (making the notebook and then the contents of
> the tabs drop targets) but in both cases i didn't get what i wanted.
>
> does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how to do it ?
>
> thanks in advance.

I know it is possible, because Epiphany does it with its tabbed
browsing:
      * Drag link to tab, that tabs load the link.
      * Drag link to tab-bar but not on tab, new tab loading that link.
      * drag tab from one window to another.
      * drag tab from window to non-epiphany window or the root window,
        creates new window with that tab.

You can check the sources and see how they implemented it. translating
their solution to gtkmm should not be hard.

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master."