Re: [gtkmm] Question to dynamically added menu items

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 12:16, Andreas B. Thun wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a MenuBar with a growing amount of MenuItems
> I add at runtime.
> All MenuItems are connected to the same CallBack-Method
> (donĀ“t know if this is ok, any ideas are welcome)
>
> My problem is: how do I know which MenuItem is selected?
> Is there a way to get an information like "3rd MenuItem selected"??

Use the template SigC::bind. With it you can effectively add another
parameter to the method you are calling. Or simply use the object-member
variant of the slot() function, with an Object[0] that knows the
necessary info you want.

HTH,
Tassos
[0] note that in that case it must inherit from SigC::Object

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master."