[gtkmm] Handle X (root window) events in gtkmm?
- From: Toralf Lund <toralf procaptura com>
- To: gtkmm-list gnome org
- Subject: [gtkmm] Handle X (root window) events in gtkmm?
- Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:55:46 +0100
Is there a simple way to catch low-level X events in a gtk-- (1.2)
application? I'm primarily interested in events on the root window; I'm
not sure if that complicates matters.
I have actually tried to solve the problem by calling XSelectInput(), at
startup, then polling events via the idle signal. This nearly works:
1. It may easily lead to unnecessary load on the system.
2. It looks like some of the events are lost.
] [Thread Prev