Re: [gtkmm] syntax error near unexpected token `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GTKMM, gtkmm-2

Ramon Francisco Lopez Osuna wrote:
Hi Cedric,sorry I forget said that I use msys. Well, as you said, I try to set ACLOCAL_FLAGS to "-I $GTK_BASEPATH\\share\\aclocal" as you said, well in fact I dont knew how until I research about it and came with a comand named env [I belieave is for environment] and before make something, I see what I have in env and found that the ACLOCAL_FLAGS are fine:

$ env
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
PROMPT=$P$G
PWD=/home/Ramza/ejemgtkmm/a
LOGONSERVER=\\LORDICZER
MINGW32BGCOLOR=LightYellow
COLORFGBG=default;default
FGCOLOR=Navy
ACLOCAL_FLAGS=-I /C/ARCHIV~1/ARCHIV~1/GTK/2.0/share/aclocal
COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
GTK_BASEPATH=/C/ARCHIV~1/ARCHIV~1/GTK/2.0
and all the stuff that output that command.

then I copy manually all of pkg.m4 to my aclocal.m4 that was generated from ./autogen.sh
and it fail in the same point. Then, I try commenting the lines [with a #]

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GTKMM,gtkmm-2.4 >= 2.4.8,,
    PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GTKMM,[gtkmm-2.0 >= 2.0.0]))

Don't comment this. It is required for the detection of gtkmm on your system. It also sets some compiler and linker flags.

Instead of using autogen.sh, try to run the autotools manually

libtoolize -f
aclocal -I $GTK_BASEPATH/share/aclocal
automake -a -c
autoconf