Re: gtkmm and cygwin

Antonio Coralles wrote:
today i tried to port a gtkmm-app to win32, using cygwin and pkg-config. while my code compiles without problems i get zillions of undefined referneces from the linker. i've installed both gtk and gtkmm to c:/GTK using the gtkmm-2.4.8 installer from http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/
can somebody tell me what to do ?

The installer is for mingw32 only. What you're trying to do is to mix the cygwin runtime (the cygwin1.dll) with the native win32 runtime (MSVCRT.dll), which can lead to unexpected results.

You actually have two choices :

1. If your program does not rely on posix functions, then use my installer with either "mingw32-gcc" (http://www/mingw.org) or "cygwin-gcc -mno-cygwin". With the -mno-cygwin option, the gcc compiler from the cygwin distribution with link against msvcrt instead of the cygwin posix layer.

2. If your program relies on posix (unix-like) functions like sockets for examples, you'll have to recompile gtkmm against the cygwin runtime. Search through the gtkmm mailing list for details.

Cedric