Re: Where is the Gtk::Object 'destroy' signal?!?!

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 20:22:38 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 14:56 +0100, Jan Hudec wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Where the hell do I find the Gtk::Object destroy signal?!?!
>
> It does not exist in gtkmm, because C++ has destructors, in which you
> can put code.
>
> > I need it to properly manage the lifetime of my application.
> > In fact, I'd prefere the Glib::Object's 'finalize' signal for it, but
> > it's not a signal. It should be.
> >
> > (I am going to use sigc::trackable's add_destroy_notify_callback, but
> > that requires a C function instead of a functor.)
>
> I doubt very much that you need it. Maybe if you explain what you are
> trying to do then we can give you more useful advice.

I need to track destruction of my top-level widgets, so I can exit when
the last one is gone. They are of several types and I don't want to add
a special second ancestor for them. I wanted the interface to be generic
for any Glib::Object.

						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>