unit testing GTK-- GUI apps?

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are automated test suits available to unit test GTK-- applications.

I'm thinking of test frameworks that would simulate user interaction on a GTK-- application, and would also be able to check the contents of some widgets, as to check the response of the application to user input.

In general, I'm using CppUnit for unit tests in C++, but I'm not aware of a unit test framework for GTK--.

In Java, for example, one has extenstion to jUnit, such as JFCUnit, that allows automated testing of Swing GUIs... I'm looking for something similar here.

Akos