[gtkmm] pb when checking notebook pages ...

Hello!

I ve a question about Gtk::NotebookS :
i have created a Notebook in which the tabs (the things to click on to go to a given page of the Notebook) are instances of my NoteBookLabel class (it s a HBox): i ve made this to have a little cross in the tab to close the corresponding notebook page. it works fine. now i would like to check the open pages before opening a new one, to avoid to open several times the same page. in my opinion, the only way available to know it is to check the notebook's labels and look if they have the same one that the page that we want to open (maybe there are others way of comparison?). if the page is already open, i would like this page to be the current one. i would like to avoid managing a list of all the open pages because it would be a bit VERY fastidious... so i ve tried to use the get_tab_label and get_tab_label_text methods without any success, since i didn t managed to access to the Gtk::Label of my NoteBookLabel class (i guess it s normal). The Notebbok's method return *Gtk::Widget that i don t manage to turn in my classe's type (NoteBookLabel). So for now i really don t know how to do to verify if a page is already open or not! Maybe (and surely) i m not using the good way but i don t see any other :-[

thanks for your help!
best regards,
cedric