Re: [gtkmm] Re: Desperately trying to build gtkmm 1.2

> Murray Cumming wrote:
>>
>> You need to remove the default argument values (such as "= true") from
>> the
>> .cc files. They should only be in the .h files.
>>

> Right at the top of editable.cc, it says:
>
> // -*- c++ -*-
> //  Generated by gtkmmproc from ./../editable.gen_h -- DO NOT MODIFY!

Yes, but this might be the only way that you can get it to work in the
short-term. To keep your changes for the future, you could use diff to
compare your source tree with an original copy, then use patch to reapply
them later.

> Looking at editable.gen_h, I see get_chars in a couple of places.
>
> Line 125:
>
>    string get_chars (int start_pos = 0, int end_pos = - 1) const;
>
> Line 144:
>
> PRIVATE_START;
> #include <gtk--/private/widget_p.h>
> IMPL_START;
> namespace Gtk
> {
>
>    string Editable::get_chars (int start_pos = 0, int end_pos = - 1)
>            const
>    {
>        gchar *chars = gtk_editable_get_chars (GTK_EDITABLE (gtkobj ()),
>                                               start_pos, end_pos);
>        string ret_val = chars;
>        g_free (chars);
>        return ret_val;
>    }
> }
>
> Am I correct in thinking that I need to remove the default values from
> the latter location?  Once I've done that, what do I need to do to
> regenerate editable.cc?

make _should_ regenerate it when it sees that the source code is newer
than the generated source.

If not, then the autogen.sh script might help to make it work, but it will
probably give you extra problems.

www.openismus.com