Re: [gtkmm] Feature Wish: ad-hoc or external properties for simplified data binding

Andreas Pokorny wrote:

After initializing the property, the widget and connecting both,the
system keeps in synch on its own. And you still can react on signals or
do your own processing.

So I guess, I will try to get a simple Gui library working that
implements that idea.

You should find it rather easy to derive a set of widgets that have this kind of functionality. I've used that technique very successfully, although in my case, my widgets "plugs" into an existing property model rather than beeing generic.

I think the hard part of what you are proposing is to make something that is generic enough to meet everyones needs. There are numerous reasons as to why you'd typically need some logic in between the view and the application model.

--
Christer Palm