Re: [gtkmm] Compiling my first gtkmm program - HELP!!

nick wrote:

It's off topic but the virtual inheritance keyword is explained in page 401 of the C++ Programming Language Special Edition.

To quickly summarize it's a (badly named) method of dealing with the diamond inheritance problem where a class is derived from two
classes that each had a common super class.

It helps avoid the problem of having two copies of the same class
members occurring in the sub class.

It's often used in job interviews to test knowledge of the language
since many people have never seen it in.

It's definitely valid ISO C++.

Now that you define it, I remember it. Doh!

With that knowledge in hand I'm unsure if it could be causing the problem.

Feeling very red-faced now.