Re: [gtkmm] comparing Glib::ustring's ...

bart wrote:

That's exactly my problem, i don't want that ;-)
"AAA" shouldn't be smaller then "aaa", should it?

It will be if you want it to be alphabetically first. If you're sorting using < as an ordering and you want A to come before a, A < a must be true.

Do you think language settings can make a difference while comparing
strings? This can be important to me, since i mostly work in an mixed
english/dutch environment.

They can make a difference, yes. In some languages you need extra letters to be taken into consideration - or completely different ones - and they're not necessarily in nice numeric order like they are in 7-bit ASCII.