Re: [gtkmm] Problems with using glade generated code

Ken Miller schrieb:
On 9/26/03 10:25 AM, "Christof Petig" <christof petig-baender de> wrote:

Does marking the widget as protected help you? If not please be more
specific about where the problem lies.

 Christof

PS: Would you mind to tell me where and how the tutorial code and the
glade code differ.

Sorry, the tutorial says to create widgets as members of the window class.
This allows very easy access to any widget.  Glade creates the widgets
within the window's constructer, not as members of the class so I can't
figure out how to get at the widgets.

If the widgets had been marked as accessible (=non private) the pointers would be class members ;-) -> glade: visibility!

And really class member construction is considered deprecated since gtkmm 1.2. Usually widgets are created from heap to have better control over creation and destruction order. [IIRC of course]

  Christof