Re: [[gtkmm] gtksourceview]

Ionut Nicu <ioan nicu ines ro> wrote:
> I'm intrested in implementing a C++ wraper for the gtk+ gtksourceview
> widget. (http://www.gnome.org/softwaremap/projects/gtksourceview)
> My questions are:
> 	1. Will we ever have a Gtk::SourceView class in gtkmm in the near
> future ? (AFAIK gtksourceview extends textview which was already wrapped
> in a gtkmm class)

No, because GtkSourceView is not part of GTK+. gtkmm wraps GTK+. But there is
nothing to stop anybody wrapping it separately.

> 	2. Has anyone started developing a wrapper for this widget?

Probably not.

> 	3. If 2 == false, where can I find some guideline to developing gtkmm
> library classes (other than the gtkmm library source code) ?

As I said in another email today:

We generally start new *mm projects by copying another one and changing the
relevant build files. For instance, I recently created libgnomeprintmm by
copying libgnome-vfsmm. You could copy libgnomeprintmm on the principle that
the latest copy might be the best.

If you want to understand how gtkmmproc works, then take a look at gtkmm's
docs/internals directory.

> PS: I know the status of this project is 4-Beta,

I think it's used by gedit now, so it's probably quite mature.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net