Re: [gtkmm] MFC and GTKmm problem

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:09:58 +0200, you wrote:

>This is my first thread.I M not a Linux programmer but I have a question
>about GTKMM 2.
>
>I M using MFC to write a Doc/View application.
>I have my own view (an MFC window).
>
>I want my MFC window (CWnd->CView->CFormView) to get the GTKMM look.
>I also want the user to be able to create GTKMM Controls and show them (by
>dragging) on my window.
>It is kinda Screen builder .... same as Glade (if U know), just it is on
>Windows.
>
>How do I draw the GTk::Window (e.g. Gtk::Button) on my MFC window ?

I don't think you can.

MFC is a (somewhat) C++ wrapper to the Windows GUI API.

gtkmm is a C++ wrapper to the GTK+ API.

They are entirely different toolkits and I would guess that neither
would be able to display the others controls.  (An analogy to what you
are attempting would be for a gtk/gtkmm program displaying widgets
from Qt, which I don't think can happen).