Re: [gtkmm] seg fault

Neeraj Korde wrote:
So i
uninstalled using make -n uninstall from the installation directories and
installed again using ./configure --prefix=/usr

Oops, I wouldn't have done that if I were you.

This is not a gtkmm-specific issue in any way, but here we go anyway;

When "make install"'ing into /usr you always run the risk of overwriting
rpm-installed files, which will leave you with an inconsistency between
the rpm database and the filesystem.

Consequently, I believe that you should never "make install" into /usr.
Stuff that you build yourself should go into /usr/local, or better yet,
if the packages are not for all users in the system or if you'd like to
switch between different versions of a package, into some user data
directory (like $HOME/local or something).

Personally, I keep the latest gtkmm stuff in /usr/local and the Red Hat
provided stuff in /usr. Then I tweak PATH, LD_RUN_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and PKG_CONFIG_PATH to put the new stuff in front whenever I want to use
that.

Not that this _should_ cause the problems you have (I suppose the
configure prereq checks came out OK), but it still sounds like a likely
cause.

--
Christer Palm