Re: [gtkmm] Glade-2, libgtkmm, Xml::create, callbacks

El Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 06:50:12PM +0200, Murray Cumming escribio:
> On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 18:04, Daniel Serpell wrote:
> > Ah, perhaps you are saying that you can connect gtk+ signals with gtk+
> > pre-defined handlers, but this is already possible (if you set the
> > handler in a button to "gtk_main_quit" in glade, and then call the
> > autoconnect function, it works).
>
> I'm going to spell this out just one more time: C++ has classes and
> instances of those classes. C has functions.

I already know that, that's why I said that I don't quite understand
your idea. I made the distinction gtk+ == C , gtkmm == C++, so in
gtk+ == C you already can do automatic connections.

And I can't think of a better way of connecting signals to a method
of the right instance of a class thats different to the one I gave,
ie, give a distinct name to each instance throught a parameter to the
constructor. This permits diferentiation at run-time.

    Daniel.