Re: [gtkmm] Glade-2, libgtkmm, Xml::create, callbacks

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 16:12, Daniel Serpell wrote:
> El Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 08:52:23AM +0200, Murray Cumming escribio:
> >
> > You seem to assume that the developer would like one global class to
> > catch all signals, or maybe one class associated with each .glade file.
> > I'm sure that's not what people want - it's not much better than static
> > functions.
>
> No, in fact my solution can connect each signal to a different objet,
> that's possible because each objet instance register itself with a
> name given in it's constructor:
[snip]

I think that would be rather bizarre, and I'd rather that you thought
about the alternative suggestions in my other email.

> I investigated my approach further, and all the infrastructure to do
> it is working, _except_ the name mangler! Searching in google for
> a name mangler shows that it can't be done in a compiler-independent
> way, so a solution could be using a g++ only approach. But the mangler
> in g++ is GPL, not LGPL.

As I said in the other email, and as I've been saying for ages,
libglademm 1 did this, and I'd like someone to investigate that.

murrayc usa net