Re: [gtkmm] RE: Re: Gtkmm or Qt?

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 16:29, Daniel Serpell wrote:
> El Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 02:23:56PM -0600, Peter Gasper escribio:
> > How does On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 13:14, Dave wrote:
> >
> > > Feedback from others, good and especially bad on FLTK?
> > >
> > > Is it ready for prime-time large scale GUI building yet?
> > >
> > > - Dave
> >
> > So has anyone compared FLTK, FOX, GTK+ and QT with respect to available
> > widgets?
>
> Well, I had tried all of them, but not exaustively, and IMHO:
>  - FLTK : Not good looking widgets, and not any advanced one.
>  - FOX  : Too MS-windows like in look, but functional and fast. Has
>           the minimum set of usefull widgets.
>  - Gtk+ / Qt : Overall very similar; Qt has better file selection dialog
>                and a cute iconview, Gtk+ has better MVC abtraction.
>
> I personally use gtkmm, but based more on personal taste, I like the API.
>
>     Daniel.

I noticed FOX added an addendum to the LGPL allowing static builds with
proprietary code so long as you hadn't modified the original FOX source.
For most general purpose programs that probably isn't an issue, but if
you're doing a size sensitive application (such as in an embedded
environment) that could be a serious advantage.