RE: [gtkmm] Just an idea

> From: Greg & Erica Wolski [mailto:gewolski msn com]
> > A little googling found me this:
> >
> >   list_examples.push_back(RadioMenuElem(gr,"RadioItem Example 3");
> >   static_cast<RadioMenuItem*>(list_examples.back())->set_active();
> >
> Thanks for this one.
> But you see, how would know how to do that just from the
> documentation?

I'm not saying that you should, or that you are wrong to ask. But you do
need to ask.

That's what we call a documentation bug. Please at the very least put
something in bugzilla even if you don't choose to patch it yourself. I guess
the example should be updated, and the reference documentation for the
STL-style container could mention the usefulness of back(), and it could be
mentioned in various places in the book. It's not a general problem, it just
needs people to fix the little things when they find them.

>  Is there something I
> can acutally help with? Eventually, I would like to be
> involved in the gtkmm project. Maybe do some coding. How can
> I get involved?

There are list of open bugs here:
http://www.gtkmm.org/bugs.shtml

The easy-fix ones are meant for complete beginners. There's also new stuff
to wrap for GTK+ 2.4 (see my other post today). Whatever you'd like to do,
I've probably given advice about something very similar in the past on the
archive, but feel very free to ask again. There are no mysteries here.

murrayc usa net