Re: [gtkmm] Q: How to layout objects on a Notebook page

Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
From: D. R. Evans [mailto:N7DR arrisi com] One more question: how to control the width of a combo? I have a combo that has two values, "true" and "false", but the width of the combo is far greater than necessary.

This should be helpful:
http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/tutorial/html/ch07s02.html#sec-Boxes

Actually, no, it wasn't helpful. I'd already read that, sacrificed chickens, and gone into a trance to try to divine how to apply that information to the width of a combo. And failed :-(

It told me how to pack the combo and the label together, but not how to set the width of the combo so that it wasn't far wider than the strings that the combo holds.

  Doc