[gtkmm] gtkmm 2.3 work

I wrapped some of the new GTK+ API, when I had some spare time:
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=%2Fgtkmm%2FNEWS

I'll do a tarball release as soon there is a GTK+ 2.3 tarball. The GTK+
maintainers want to wait until their API is mostly frozen before they do a
first tarball release, foolishly I believe.

There is lots still to do, so now is the time to help, adding wrappers and
examples. To find new API in gtk+, grep for "2.4" in the sources.

jhbuild is a great way of building gtkmm and gtk+ from cvs, in a separate
prefix.

murrayc usa net