Re: [gtkmm] Custom TreeStore Problems

Murray Cumming Comneon com schrieb:
From: Christof Petig [mailto:christof petig-baender de] Murray Cumming Comneon com schrieb:

Ok, I figured out that I need something like

Glib::Object(Glib::ConstructParams(treestore_class_.init(),
(char*) 0))

I find that surprising.

In this case I send you a copy of the failing program.

I'm not saying that I know how it should be done, or that I have time to
investigate.

But I do think that it should be similar to the customcellrender, which also
needs to register a new gtype.

Well just for the case ... here is a working example (after really reading darco's quote of Thomas Muldowney and looking into gabber):

ConstructParams really did the trick. Why ConstructParams and a Class instance is needed is beyond my current spare time. Perhaps someone else might be interested in fixing this.

An easy one (list instead of a tree)
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/manuproc/Komponenten/examples/owntreemodel.cc?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain

expect tree emulation and scrollbars to appear in the HEAD revision soon.

It seems like TreeView is _really_ _fast_ but operating on a TreeStore with iterators leads you to performance problems with N>1000.
   Christof