[gtkmm] Mail server loop on alnilam.orion.deepdarc.com!

My analysis of the attached message shows that the mail originates from your site.

Could you please stop the postmaster on

alnilam.orion.deepdarc.com

from delivering more copies of this mail to gtkmm-list gnome org
Yours sincerely
   Christof Petig
--- Begin Message ---
Murray Cumming Comneon com schrieb:
From: Christof Petig [mailto:christof petig-baender de] Reason: Porting our apps from gtk1 to gtk2 came to a halt when I realized that out use of TreeStore is many times slower than our custom Tree-like class which I mapped to a CList (with reasonably well performance).

There is quite a bit of discussion about TreeView performance on the
gtk-list and I think you have found some. I would investigate
- freezing/thawing the View while inserting large amounts of data.

temporarily set_model(Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::TreeModel>()) made it 2 seconds faster (out of 20). This is not the real problem.

- Not sorting while adding data.

I never touched sorting ... I don't think I have to explicitely disable it.

- Rumored speed TreeView improvements in GTK+ 2.4.

Difficult to tell (I listen gtk-devel closely) without gtkmm-2.4 available and 2.4 still changing API wise.

I'd really like to roll my own TreeStore for now. But

MyTreeModel()
     : Glib::ObjectBase(typeid(MyTreeModel)), Gtk::TreeModel()
{ ...}

didn't help me. Are there any more gotchas left?

(owntreemodel:10416): glibmm-CRITICAL **: file interface.cc: line 53 (Glib::Interface::Interface(const Glib::Interface_Class&)): assertion `gobject_ != 0' failed

(owntreemodel:10416): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1337 (g_object_unref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Yours
    Christof

PS: I'll happily donate the ~150 line example to gtkmm/examples - once it works ...