Re: [gtkmm] ANNOUNCE: glibmm 2.3.0

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 23:46, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Am 2003.09.30 18:30 schrieb(en) Murray Cumming:
> > *** gtkmm 2.2
> >
> > glibmm provides a C++ interface to glib. glibmm was previously part of
> > gtkmm.
> > glibmm 2.3/2.4 will wrap any additional API in glib 2.4.
> > http://www.gtkmm.org
> >
> > glibmm 2.4 installs in parallel with gtkmm 2.0/2.2, so you can install
> > this unstable library without the risk of breaking existing
> > applications. This allows
> > us to break ABI and API, though we will try not to break API unless it
> > is absolutely
> > necessary.
>
> I guess this also means that the transition to libsigc++2 will have
> to wait ?!

"Absolutely necessary" is for us to decide, and nothing happens before
somebody does it.

However, personally, I don't look forward to telling people to replace
all their "SigC::slot"s with sigc::slot - I was thinking of asking you
to change that back. And so far I don't have a list of big libsigc++ 2
advantages to show people.

murrayc usa net