Re: [gtkmm] Possible bug in SigC::Connection::disconnect()

Am 24.11.2003 um 23:41 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
> >I've investigated this issue a little further now,
and I think I see
> >what's wrong. I'm not sure if the way I'm using the
libsigc++ library is
> >correct. What I do, basically, is connect a slot to a
signal. When this
> >signal is emitted, the slot is called, and from there
I disconnect the
> >current slot [from the signal] and connect another
one. Now, I suspect
> >this might no be legal? Maybe it should be mentioned
in the
> >documentation if that's the case? Any ideas anyone?

> no, you can't change connections from within a signal
handler, at
> least not in the older version of sigc++. defer that
work till later
> (if working with gtkmm, use an idle handler, for
example).

Yes, you can! This has been possible since the 1.0.x
times but a bug in early versions of 1.2.x made it
non-functional temporarily. I think I readded a test
case that makes sure this is working, myself.
By the way, the most recent version of the 1.2 series is
1.2.5.

Regards,

  Martin