Re: [gtkmm] Transparent rectangles/images?

>Or is this functionality [transparency] supported in
the >OpenGL extension for gtkmm?

Yes. GtkGlExtmm supports all opengl stuff. If you know
how to do it in opengl, you can easily convert some
example that comes with GtkGlExtmm to have
transparency. I'm currently using opengl rendering in
my non-linear editor, where I render the timeline
using it. It has the advantage of being portable and
fast, and you get a nice toolkit with gtkmm.