Re: [gtkmm] Transparent rectangles/images?

>Is there any way to draw a partially transparent rectangle or image to a
>Pixmap? I assume that if there was, the transparency would be set in the GC
>used in the draw function, but I can't find such a function in the GC class.

no, X at the moment does not generally support compositing (though the
XRender extension is changing this slowly).

use the Gnome::Canvas to do this. it will double buffer itself into a
pixmap that is blitted to the screen at the right time.

>Or is this functionality supported in the OpenGL extension for gtkmm?

might be, not sure.