[gtkmm] custom cellrendering is quite slow over here..

Hi,

I'm altering the background color of some cells in my listview.
Everything works fine, but when i get a "large" number of rows, lets say
>150, it takes a long time ( few seconds ) to load. It's not really a
big deal, but it;s very annoying.

Is there a way to speed things up?
thanks in advance for any help.

Bart

NB. some code to illustrate the context of the problem:
//this part is only executed once.....
Gtk::TreeViewColumn* naamkolom = get_column(1);
Gtk::CellRenderer* cell_renderer = naamkolom->get_first_cell_renderer();
cell_renderer_text =dynamic_cast<Gtk::CellRendererText*>(cell_renderer);

/*
and this for every row i add, of course the color is changing ( red,
yellow, green )
*/
row[kolommen.kleur] = "#95F6A1";
naamkolom->add_attribute(cell_renderer_text->property_background(),kolommen.kleur);