RE: [gtkmm] Easier Drag and Drop

Murray,
	I was thinking of something like this (mind you that I know that this
won't compile, but hopefully you'll get the idea that I'm trying to
communicate).

////////////////////////////
class MyTargetWidget :
	public Gtk::EventBox,
	public drag_drop_target<MyTargetWidget>, AcceptList( "MyButton",
"MyTreeView" )
{
	// CTORs & DTORs

	// Optional Overrides for template provided defaults
	void drag_drop_enable( bool );
	void drag_data_received( ... );
	void drag_leave( ... );
	void drag_motion( ... );
	... - there may be more
}

class MyButton :
	public Gtk::Button,
	public drop_drop_source<MyButton, "MyButton">
{
	// CTORs, DTORs

	// Optional Overrides for template provided defaults
	void drag_drop_enable( bool );
	void drag_icon( Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Pixmap> pix );
	void drag_data_get( ... );
	void drag_data_delete( ... );
	... - there may be more
}

    I guess the idea is to hide, or move, a lot of what the example code
does a the dndwindow CTOR.  Now mind you that this is still an idea in
it's infancy, and may yet proove to be unobtainable.

	With greatest regard and respect,

	Erik.

PS. I just noticed that the mail server here at work won't accept the
Gtkmm list.  I'll have to re-sign up using my home email.