Re: [gtkmm] gcc-3.3 and gtkmm-2.2.1

Murray Cumming <murrayc usa net> writes:

> Why are debian moving to an unstable compiler release?

First of all, GCC 3.3 is already released [1].

Debian has unstable versions of GCC, but the default compiler is
always (at least to my knowledge) a released version of GCC. I guess
the reason why Debian contains unreleased versions of GCC is that it's
easier to find and fix bugs from all the 11 architectures Debian
supports before a release.

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.3/

--
Kalle Valo