Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm2.x on debian

--- Elizabeth Barham <lizzy soggytrousers net> wrote:

>     So, what is the best course I should take to add
> gtkmm-2.x onto my
> stable Debian Woody system?

I had this problem too, and the only solution I could
think of was updating to testing. This was due to the
following reasons:

1. No ready-made packages for Woody.
2. Building from source failed.

I don't exactly remember what caused #2, but I think
that either libsigc or gtkmm tarballs require newer
glibc than is available in Woody. Some old 2.0
releases might work, but they had bugs which made them
unusable for me.