RE: [gtkmm] creating a C callback from a SigC::Slot without a Sig nalProxy

> From: ERDI Gergo [mailto:cactus cactus rulez org]
> So, what's the correct solution for this? (the C
> API explicitly
> requires a (funcptr, closure) tuple and doesn't use signals -- this is
> bonobo_widget_new_from_control_async)

I guess the problem is the async part, meaning that the function will return
before the callback has actually been called. This function doesn't seem to
have a "destroy user data" callback parameter so the user_data would have to
survive _forever_. Of course C Apps often have global stuff like that. It
looks like a bug in the libbonoboui API. I suggest patching in an API
addition for us.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net