[gtkmm] Re: TreeView speedup

* Andrew E. Makeev (andrew solvo ru) wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I would to ask if someone got TreeView widget filling in speed really
> improved?
>
> On our side we made 2 improvements:
>
> 1. Added function in GTK that fills TreeModel row with values stored in
> GList.
>    Test case: 10000 rows with 4 string, 4 int, 4 double, 4 bool columns.
>    Model was filled with values in 3-4 x times faster. (1 sec against 4
> sec).
>
> 2. Wrote our own simple TextRenderer with "cached" Pango::Layout where
> only text could be changed.
>    Test case: 10000 rows with 4 string, 4 int, 4 double, 4 bool columns.
>    TreeView was filled with values in 3-4 x times faster. (8-9 sec
> against 30 sec).
>
> Any other suggestions would be welcome.

I'm just learning the widget myself so I don't have any suggestions for
you. But I am interested in your findings if you care to share them with
the rest of us ;-)

I'm using several TreeViews in my application for displaying of status
and database information.

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine
: :' :     duckwing duckwing ca