Re: [gtkmm] help needed - configure problem, trying to install gtkmm

"Gabriel M. Elder" <gmelder centurytel net> writes:

> yeah, i get:
>
> -I/usr/local/lib/sigc++-1.2/include -I/usr/local/include/sigc++-1.2
>
> when i try that. Now what? :P It still won't configure...

Then try

  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig ./configure

in the gtkmm directory.

The root of the problem is that pkgconfig expects the sigc++ pkgconfig
file to be in /usr/lib/pkgconfig, but since you've ./configure'd and
installed sigc++ with --prefix=/usr/local (this is the default if you
don't specify a prefix), the file ended up in
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.

So you need to tell pkgconfig that. You do that with the above
environment variable setting. It _should_ work.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/