[gtkmm] gdb with gtkmm

 I am having peculiar problems with gtkmm, and specifically chasing a bug. I believe the problem is related to the fact that I am dealing with several threads and gdm updating the screen. The peculiarity I am interested in asking about, doen't really relate to my problem however. To track the bug I have been running the program in gdb to try and trace the problem. Thing is that when I run the program in gdb it never fails! If I run it from the shell it will segfault, but running it in the debugger results in flawless operation. Anyone ever encountered anything like that, or can forward any possible solutions?

					   thanks,
						joe higton